Digital Operations Coordinator
Sony Music Entertainment Australia is home to the world’s biggest and brightest local and international artists. We have an incredible opportunity for a dynamic and truly passionate music lover to join our Digital team in Sydney. This person would ideally have gained experience in digital music, metadata or production, or alternatively has a strong desire to kick-start in digital operations.
You will be responsible for providing full support including administration and coordination, digital product setup and delivery, metadata entry, reporting, analysis, and communications. Your enthusiasm and dedication will contribute to the success of our business and exciting artist roster alike. In this role, you will report to the Senior Director, Digital Account Management.
- Provide administrative and operations support to Digital Operations Manager.
- Assist metadata specialist with product setup (digital and physical).
- Provide leave coverage for both digital operations and metadata roles.
- Compile, maintain and distribute release schedules, tools and comms.
- Assist with digital product scheduling and release planning.
- Digital upload of product and quality control.
- Review digital deliveries and ensure products are set accurately and on time.
- Understand the global service best practice and account overview guides to support the business decisions.
- Foster effective working relationships with internal, external, and global stakeholders.
- Achieve set KPI’s in line with company priorities.
Key Skills & Experience:
- Previous experience and knowledge of asset repertoire and product scheduling systems desired.
- Strong knowledge of streaming and social media platforms.
- Solid familiarity of audio and video format specifications.
- Excellent attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Highly organised and able to work in a fast-paced environment and deliver on tight deadlines.
- Able to work as part of a team and autonomously.
- Easily build rapport and develop effective relationships.
- ‘Roll up your sleeves’ mentality and willingness to multitask multiple projects.
- To be proactive and think outside the box.
- Comfortable learning new systems and an advocate for efficient process.
- Basic Photoshop, audio and video editing skills are desired, not essential.
- Proficient in using Microsoft and Google suites.
- YouTube Certified or previous experience with YT content ID preferred.
- Passion for music and a keen desire to support and promote our artists and their music.
Systems (previous experience highly regarded):
- Vevo Backstage
- Youtube CMS
- Scatman (Spotify Catalog Manager)
- Deezer Backstage
- iTunes Connect
- Aspera – local and Global accounts
- Audacity /Audio File check software
- FTPs & filesharing software
- Bulk Rename Tool
- DDPi Reader
Adhoc Admin Tools
- Microsoft Suite (Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Forms, Teams etc.)
- APRA & global publishing systems
- IFPI search software (ISRC Search)
As an active part of a culturally and socially diverse society, Sony Music’s aim is that our workforce is diverse and inclusive. Sony Music is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity.
We employ, retain, promote and otherwise treat all employees and job applicants according to their merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We apply this policy without regard to any individual’s sex, race, religion, origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition or disability.